Doe Run Sustainability Principles
An essential part of our mission is “meeting our customers’ needs for a sustainable supply of select minerals, metals and service.” Sustainability is central to our mission, and how we approach our social, economic and environmental responsibilities is guided by our eight Sustainability Principles.
At Doe Run, sustainability isn’t just a commitment, it’s a measurement of success. Every day, Doe Run and our employees put that into action by providing good jobs and maintaining safe work conditions, minimizing our environmental impact, and volunteering in our communities. Read More in Our Sustainability Report.
Nearly a decade ago, a team of employees from across the company defined Doe Run’s Sustainability Principles on the basis of critical stakeholder interests. We hold ourselves accountable to these eight principles.
- We will respect community values, priorities and interests in our business decisions.
- We will provide enduring benefits that enhance our communities.
- We will protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors and communities.
- We will respect and invest in our people.
- We will minimize the impact of our operations on the environment.
- We will take a leadership role to improve the recycling rates for our products and the materials used in connection with our processes.
- We will provide effective stewardship of the minerals we extract and the energy and water we use.
- We will maximize the economic benefits we provide to our stakeholders.
Our Employees and Community
We protect the safety of our employees and neighbors. We respect our neighbors’ priorities and interests. We engage in open dialogue, and provide benefits that enhance our communities.
Our Environmental Sustainability
We minimize the impact our operations have on the environment. We’re stewards of the minerals we extract, and the energy and water we use. Innovations from our employees improve our processes and reduce waste.
We manage our business so that we can sustain it for years to come. We support our region through high-paying jobs, community donations, and by supporting Missouri vendors.
Read Our Sustainability Report
Our stakeholders — employees, community members, customers, vendors, legislators and industry partners — want to know how we meet our environmental, social and economic obligations. Since 2009, we’ve reported our performance each year using the internationally recognized Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) reporting framework. Read our most recent sustainability report.